As a stay at home mom & a personal trainer it’s important to me to have a routine that is not only quick but simple.
I like a look that is basic & fresh so that when I’m out running errands, working out, or training a client in the gym I feel confident without having a full face of makeup. Basically I like to look like I’m not wearing any makeup on these days. So i’m sharing with you my basic everyday look & all of my makeup essentials.
*The following post contains affiliate links so that you may easily find the products I use. If you decide to purchase after clicking on any of the links, it is of no additional cost to you.
- CC Cream OR BB Cream This is time saving as you get several benefits in 1 including: sunscreen, moisturizer, color correction, blemish control (hello hormones!) & more
- Concealer I can’t leave the house without concealer. Use this MUST HAVE makeup essential, the Beauty Blender or THIS one from Target. Moms don’t get enough sleep, this helps!
- Blemish Corrector LOVE this stick! Helps hide the imperfections & Lord knows I’ve got them
- Setting Powder or THIS I usually only use this under my eyes unless I’m feeling particularly shiny
- Blush The fastest way to get a quick pick me up
- Eyebrow Pencil I prefer my Anastasia brow pencil when I have more time to spend, but this one does the trick for on the go!
- Mascara I’m super picky with mascara & tried DOZENS of drug store kinds with little luck, so this mascara is my go-to!
- Lip Balm , Baby Lips, or EOS Lip Balm Hydration is super important to me, these are ALL great
This look is so quick & simple, it takes about 5 minutes! It is very light coverage but enough to be confident enough to wear out & about. If I’m going somewhere later on that I’d like a fuller makeup look, then I will just build on this look with eyeliner, eye shadow, highlighter, contour etc. At the most I will do all 8 steps, at the very least I will pick concealer & mascara for sure. Remember this is BASIC. But as a mom, we can all appreciate quick & simple!
You guys, I LOVE makeup! But a full face of makeup has it’s time & place (& unfortunately it’s few far & between for this mama). When I’m at home I don’t wear anything except moisturizer & lip balm. But when I’m out & about these are my fave go-to’s & I hope by sharing it might give another mama some ideas or different options! Would you love to see a full makeup look? And I’d love to know, what are your fave makeup essentials?